Monday, November 26, 2007

They shoot opossums, don't they?


Now that it's winter, the suburban animals are beginning to look more aggressively for food, and for shelter. They've found both in my hubby's greenhouse it seems.


Someone has chewed down his prized geranium tree down to a stub, and now they are nibbling at his orchids (this critter has a death wish). At first, my rancher-bred mate said "let's set out some poison." Both daughter and I started giving him the hairy eyeball. He relented to the silent protest. Now we're talking live traps, for the 'possum, rat, squirrel or raccoon that's having a snack fest.

I guess I fear this might be one of the critter's we've named, such as whiteface, the possum; stubs, the raccoon (no tail), or rat tail, the squirrel (not much of a tail), who once came into our house and chattered at us in the middle of our kitchen until we gave him food.

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia.


No comments: