Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baldies, Bunnies and Bumbles


In reverse order.

As I'm watching it snow tonight, and rejoicing I'm finally seeing some of this white stuff, my daughter reminds me that this may mean the end of the bubble bees I saw earlier this week.

"See mom, it probably killed the bumble bees! Now how do you feel about it!" end quote.

Okay, if it killed the bumbles, I hate the snow. (well, sort of.) - she just read this last comment and slugged me.

Could this be another local hit on the wildlife due to global warming (in reverse)? (I took this picture of a bumble napping in a daffodil the day before this snow)

On to baldies. My hubby saw a bald eagle near the wildlife area off of the East Valley Highway near the rock shop.

And finally bunnies. It was about this time a few years ago that the neighborhood cat was stalking something. And that something was screaming, literally. So I went over to investigate. It was a terrified baby rabbit that Fat Millie (the cat) hat trapped against a azalea bush. We rescued the bunny, which Jennifer wanted to make a pet.

But we convinced her said bunny probably wouldn't survive and to release it with its fellow bunnies in the Scenic Hill Cemetery, which we did. Now I doubt this species of rabbit is endangered, but there are some, oddly, which are stuggling for survival according to this article, and this one. (which is about the pygmy rabbits in Spokane.)




No comments: