Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Songs of Spring



Okay, it's Earth Day today, and while we'll be hearing about all things green, I'd like to focus on one specific green- frogs.

I miss the frogs I used to hear each time this year in our neighbor's old swimming pool, before he filled it in. I was over in Walla Walla last week, and was in a great b-b, by a pond. That night, as I was settling in, watching Dances with Stars, I heard a strange beat coming through the window. Humming really.

When I opened it up, the noise flooded in. Frogs, hundreds of them, or so it seemed, filling the room with their "come hither" chorus. I got some sound, and just tried uploading it, but I think I just managed to put it on my daughter's IPod instead.

Anyway, here's a great site to listen until I put up the real thing later today.




No comments: