Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More finds from the beach.






My last beach naturalist shift was this weekend, and Jennifer, my daughter attended it. And I can safely say she's the patron saint of moon snails. One couple just had to see one, and since I'm known for seeing the critters tells on the sand, I was busy looking for that tell tail sign of sand and pushed up rocks.


Then I found one, and all the sudden, there seemed to be a dozen or more all around the beach. This one kid kept digging them up, and Jennifer kept going behind him to bury them again, before the gulls or a crab got em.

There were a few other finds, like this baby star, either eating or hiding on the bottom of a moon snail casing, as well as this anemone (painted one) that doesn't look like much when out of the water (strangely phallic), but once in, it's absolutely beautiful.





No comments: