Sunday, December 9, 2007

Learn more about Peregrine facons next Monday

Tired of shopping already?

Me too. I plan to check out of the grind and listen to Roger Orness and Jim Flynn talk about the Falcon Research Group. Bud Anderson - a local falcon expert - will be talking about falcons tagged in Chile last winter and where these birds have travelled since.

This is being put on by the Rainier Audubon Society and will take place Dec. 17 at the Federal Way United Methodist Church at 7 p.m. It's free and bring a few of your favorite cookies to share.

I just joined this group, so I plan to attend, and bring some cookies that include a cup of butter. Mmmmm.

Photo courtesy of Seattle Audubon




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I have some other activity already on my calendar, but if not, this sounds like fun. Learn about birds, eat fattening cookies. Two of my favorite holiday activities.
Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

And be sure and check out Rainier Audubon's winter bird watch event (to work off the calories from said cookies). I think it's Dec. 30.

Barbara