Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Marco Polo with the Owls



In a few weeks, my daughter and I will be taking a nap in the afternoon, with the goal of getting up in the late pm, for an overnighter with the owls.

On Feb. 23, at 10:30 pm, the Soos Creek Owl Prowl will begin, as we look for things that go hoot in the night.

I love owls. This summer, I was taking the dog for a walk around Scenic Hill in Kent, when I heard what sounded like kids playing Marco Polo, except they were hooting at each other in Mill Creek Park. I listened for a bit, tho, and realized it wasn't kids, but owls saying hello.

Also, later in the summer, my husband and I were out at Ocean Shores, eating dinner and watching the dunes. All the sudden a silver shape shot out of the gloom and rocketed like a fighter pilot just above the grass, looking for his dinner.

I think it was this fellow, that I sketched this weekend. Maybe a grey owl?
This guy is a baby that was on the owl prowl web page.

No comments: