Friday, January 18, 2008

Mill Creek Restoration Project







Was going to go up north to a watercolor class, but an overturned school bus nixed that. So on the way back, I decided to drive down the West Valley Highway, and try to find out more about the Mill Creek Restoration Project from that sign I keep passing on the bottom of Peasley Canyon.(hence, this monet type shot I took of one of the projects.)



It was mentioned in the Auburn State of the City address, in rather dull wording. They are continuing with restoration around the creek (which I think goes all the way to Kent, I've put in a call. )



And here is another link that seems to give an update and gives a phone ## if you wish to get involved in restoring what natural area is left in the Green River Valley. (It's also mentioned in the mayor's blog, but I couldn't find it.) The birds do seem to like it. I had to take two swipes past some areas to shake off people riding my bumper.


One was to take a picture of a red tailed hawk, that was perched on a tree by 15th Street in Auburn, when I went back around, no bird. Then I realized it was on the ground on top of something just off the median. He jumped up on a sign right in front of me, giving me the eye, and then the camera shy raptor flew away.


By the by, the Rainier Audubon Society will be having its next meeting in Federal Way this Monday. I plan to come, and pay my membership fee, finally.

Photos courtesy of Audubon (the bad one is mine.)






No comments: