Friday, September 5, 2008

Baby beavers? I'm there

I'm planning on going up to the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery this weekend.

Not only to visit one of my best friends, who's the exec. director of their foundation, but to see a baby beaver that's been hanging about. Apparently the little guy got stuck in one of the fish ladders and staff tried to get him (or her?) out with a net.

Said beaver got tangled in the net, and the staff tried to bang him out of it.

"No, no, you're going t kill him," shouted Gestin, my friend, who told the staffer to desist. They finally got him out of the net, but he's back. And I'm taking my camera.

There's also a very hopeful heron, eyeing the 25 pound fish swimming upstream. Gestin wondered yesterday just HOW that bird intended to choke down a fish that big.

No comments: